Simplifying the Insurance Claims Process for Homeowners in Apple Valley, Dakota County, and the Whole Twin Cities Area
Storm damage is scary, but the insurance repair process doesn’t have to be. It is natural to be worried about the storm damage to your home. After all, it can be devastating to your roof, siding, windows, doors, gutters, or any other exterior surface. The damage from the storm can be the tip of the iceberg if not addressed right away. Damage that allows air, water, and pest infiltration will cause further costly damage to your home’s exterior and interior.
Millions of Americans every year are affected by storm damage and the Twin Cities area is no stranger to strong damaging storms. Whether it is your first time filing a claim, or you have experience doing so the insurance file claims process can feel overwhelming. Luckily Signature Home Services is also an expert in dealing with insurance companies. Let us do your homework so you don’t have to! We will perform a free 28-point storm inspection on your home and if damage is detected, we will be with you step-by-step through the filing and repairs process. We make it easy.
What to Do After Your Home has Been Damaged in a Storm
When a storm wreaks havoc on your home’s exterior, your first thought may be to contact your insurance to initiate a claim. However, you should get in touch with Signature Home Services first instead. This way, we can provide you with a free inspection to identify the full extent of the damage to your Twin Cities area home and confirm that filing an insurance claim is warranted.
Contacting us at the beginning of the claims process, allows us to be present during the claims adjuster’s visit so that we can act as your representative and point out the total cost, and hidden damage from the storm. But, if you’re reading this after you’ve already received a claims adjustment, don’t worry. We can still help you with your insurance claim. We’ll evaluate any report that has been prepared, and, if necessary, a second adjustment can be requested so that we can be present for the inspection.
How Does Our Process Work?
1. We will do a thorough free inspection of your property’s exterior for any damage that would be covered by your insurance company, under a no-fault claim.
2. If damaged, you will file a claim with your insurance company.
3. We will meet the adjuster at your property and go over the damage together.
4. After pursuing any potential recourses, if your insurance company doesn’t justify paying full “Replacement Cost Value” you owe us nothing for the time we’ve invested. However, once your insurance company does agree to pay the claim, you pick out the colors of your new roof, siding, etc.
5. Most insurance companies use an estimating software that dictates the price of repairs. The process is similar to going to the doctors’ office in the sense that you pay your deductible, and the doctor works out pricing discrepancies directly with the insurance provider.
6. Most insurance companies use a two-check system for payment. The 1st check you’ll receive is usually 50%-70% of the claim total (“Actual Cash Value”). After we deliver building materials and once we’ve received the 1st insurance check from you we assign a crew to begin construction.
7. Upon completion of repairs, we submit a “Final Invoice” to the insurance company and release the final check to you (“Depreciation” plus any supplements.) Once you receive the final payment you then forward the payment to us.